There is nothing as fulfilling as holding your baby for the first time. The joy is incomparable to anything else, and it is a moment that parents cherish for a lifetime. Now, imagine having the perfect name for your bundle of joy immediately you hold them for the first time. Isn’t that fulfilling? All this is possible if you research baby names early. And if you are interested in names that mean dark, you will be glad to know that you have numerous options to settle on.
Names are a lifetime identity, and it is the first thing that parents think of as they welcome or are about to welcome their newborn. So, of course, you wouldn’t want to have a basic name, but one that has a deep meaning.
Remember that children live up to their name, and if darkens is something you fancy, you have many alternatives to settle on for your child. What is the best name that means darkness for a girl or boy?
Interesting names that mean dark for your newborn
Even though choosing a baby name is cumbersome, it is one of the most exciting activities to do as a parent. Every year, specific trending names relating to popular personalities top the charts. However, it is never a great idea to go for such as they lose meaning fast.
It is a great idea to settle on a name that has a profound meaning, and if you treasure the beauty of darkness, you have many.
- Abinus: Ebony, dark coloured.
- Abanus: Something having a dark complexion.
- Abnus: Dark coloured wood.
- Adaj: Dark coloured individual with large black eyes.
- Adelram: A dark noble or noble raven.
- Adham: Arabic origin meaning black stallion.
- Blackburn: Means black brook or dark brook.
- Blackwell: Dark stone.
- Blake: English name standing for blac or blaac.
- Cary: Comes from Gaelic origins and means the dark-complexioned one.
- Ciaran: Irish origin and is a derivative of the word ciar that means dark.
- Coakley: Old English moniker, and means being a charcoal meadow or dark meadow.
- Colburn: Derived from the word coal and means a coal brook or a dark brook
- Cole: Unique with middle English origins meaning dusky or dark.
- Colgate: Means dark gate.
- Colley: It is a very uncommon name that means one who is dark-haired.
- Darcel: Has its roots coming from the French culture, and it means being dark.
- Dargan: Of Irish origins and means one who is dark-haired.
- Delaney: Has old French culture origins and means black defiance or dark defiance.
- Lilith: Derived from the Akkadian and means of the night.
- Kieran: Irish origin and means little dark one.
- Lila: Arabic origin and means night.
- Amaya: Spanish version of the name Amaia and means mother city or night rain.
- Layla: Arabic name, meaning night.
- Blake: Means fair-haired or dark.
- Sulivan: Irish surname that means black-eyed one.
- Raven: A popular animal name that is a symbol of pride for African American and Wiccan parents.
- Darcy: Irish origin and means dark one or from the fortress.
- Kiera: Means little dark one.
- Phoenix: Stands for dark red.
- Bruno: German name that stands for brown.
- Orpheus: Name that originates from Greek mythology that means darkens of the night.
- Brenna: Stands for black-haired.
- Chandra: The name means a moon that outshines the stars.
- Collis: Old English name that stands for dark-haired.
- Fala: This name means crow.
- Feronia: This name means goddess of the forest.
- Hesperia: This name means evening star.
- Hamna: This Arabic name means dark grape.
- Isolde: This is also the name of a tragic Irish heroine.
Names that mean darkness for a girl
You are likely thinking, “who would go for dark names for girls?” But, of course, you have plenty of options to settle on when looking for a proper name, and you don’t have to go for something that doesn’t suit your interest.
On the other hand, an element of creativity and boldness comes with names that mean dark moon or something else dark. However, it all relies on the meaning that you are looking for in a name. Therefore, if you have a daughter and you like the idea of a mystical and shadowy name, lovely names that represent dark are the ideal choice.
- Ajambo: Luo name that means born at night.
- Ankareeda: Indian name that stands for night star.
- Asra: Arabic origin and means travel at night.
- Danica: Slavic origin and stands for the morning star.
- Estelle: French name meaning star.
- Achlys: Greek origin, and means dark.
- Adrienne: Has Italian roots and means dark.
- Brandgwen: Welsh roots and stands for dark and pure.
- Charna: Has Yiddish origin and means dark.
- Corvina: American origin and stands for dark-haired raven.
- Darcie: Unisex name that means dark-haired.
- Ebony: English origin, meaning dark wooded tree.
- Hunapo: Has Maori origin and stands for dusky one.
- Ciarda: Name with Gaelic origin that stands for dark.
- Delvin: The name has Celtic roots and stands for the little dark one.
- Garnet: Means dark red gemstone.
- Gethwine: Welsh name that means dark skin.
- Jemisha: Sanskrit origin, and means the queen of darkness.
- Kakarauri: The name comes from the Maori culture and stands for darkness or dusk.
- Mindy: Means dark or gentle.
- Myrtle: English name that means dark.
- Neesha: African name that stands for darkness.
- Nox: Stands for gloomy night or dusk.
- Sierra: The name is a derivative of Ciaran and means dark.
- Risna: Means being wide or dark-haired.
- Blakely: Means pale-skinned or dark.
- Blakemore: From the dark moor.
- Brona: Means a brown-haired or dark-haired lady.
- Daray: Means dark-skinned.
- Darcie: Stands for the dark one.
- Donella: Dark haired Elfin girl.
- Fascienne: A lady of dark beauty.
- Finnehas: According to the Bible, the son of Eli (dark-skinned Egyptian)
- Sable: Has Slavic roots and means black.
- Zelda: Old German baby name that means dark battle.
- Kerrin: Irish name that means dark.
- Indigo: Deep, dark blue eye.
- Shamika: Dark beauty
Boy names that mean darkness or evil
If you are expecting a baby boy and haven’t come up with a name yet, you can go for dark names for boys. Boys need bold names that represent their nature and strong character.
You cannot afford to go wrong when settling on the most significant name given the significance of naming. And there is no better way of doing it than checking out a list of meaningful names.
- Betzalel: The name has Hebrew origins and means in the shadow of God.
- Dell: Means shadow and is a famous computer brand worldwide.
- Erebus: Greek origin standing for deep darkness.
- Kage: Japanese name standing for shadow.
- Ozul: Gothic origin standing for shadowy.
- Paolo: Samoan origin meaning shadow.
- Tirich: Beautiful baby boy name standing for charming one.
- Varjo: Finnish name standing for shadow.
- Budde: African name that means night.
- Gau: The name is of Basque origin and means night.
- Jiemba: Aboriginal origin and means laughing star.
- Luan: Portuguese origin and stands for the moon.
- Jiemba: Aboriginal name that means laughing star.
- Orion: Greek name that stands for a dweller on the mountain, primarily associated with the constellation Orion.
- Otieno: Luo name that means born at night.
- Rajnish: Lord of the night.
- Sterling: Old English name meaning little star.
- Yiska: Najavo name that means the night is over.
- Ponui: Tahitian name that stands for the great night.
Names that mean darkness or death
Although giving your child a name that means darkness or death knowingly might seem strange, some parents find it a unique choice. Such names are also closely related to names that mean black rose. And you have a massive collection to settle on.
- Abiba: African origin, given to the child born after the death of a grandmother.
- Agrona: Old Celtic origin and means the Brythonic goddess of war and death.
- Dolores: Means sorrowful and has Spanish origins.
- Persphone: Queen of the underworld.
- Thana: Arabic name that means death.
- Morrigan: Stands for the goddess of death.
- Mara: Sanskrit name that stands for death.
- Athanasios: Means immortal.
- Damon/Damien: Stands for tame or subdue.
- Kalakuta: Indian name that means the position of death.
- Methuselah: Biblical name that means the death of sword.
- Tuwile: Means death is inevitable.
- Nirnasha: Stands for deathless.
- Loki: Scandinavian name that represents trickster god.
- Jela: African name meaning father suffered during birth.
Latin names that mean dark
If you are thinking about giving your child a name from a foreign culture, then the Latin language is a great place to start. The culture has deep roots, and you are likely to get a meaningful Latin name that means dark for your bundle of joy.
- Mory: Sark skinned.
- Bruno: Means dark-complexioned.
- Moris: Means dark-skinned.
- Nigel: Stands for dark cloud or night.
- Adrian: Stands for the dark one.
- Corbet: Means dark as a raven.
- Maurizio: Italian name standing for a dark-skinned individual.
- Mauritius: Means dark-skinned.
If you are searching for names that mean dark, you have numerous meaningful options to settle on. However, don’t take the literal meaning of the term dark and avoid the names; most of them have significant meaning that you would love to associate with your bundle of joy.
Are you looking for the best and meaningful baby name for your child? celebraphy.com featured an interesting article about baby names that mean moon for boys and girls with numerous names that you can choose.
Although the naming endeavour can be an arduous task, it can be fun and fulfilling when you have a list of examples. So, do your research and give your baby the best identity.