Ashima Shiraishi is an American athlete. Shiraishi is a rock climber and she started rock climbing at the very young age of six. After some years of practice she eas able to make herself one of the top sports climbers in the world.
Quick Facts: Ashima Shiraishi
|Birthday||April 3 2001|
|Parents||Tsuya and Hisatoshi|
This shows how hardworking is Shiraishi and she can achieve even more with this determination towards her work. Today she is known as the best teenage sports climber of both genders.
At a young age, she has already established a wonderful career and there is no way looking back for Shiraishi as she can achieve more and has a lot more success to come in her life.
10 Facts about Ashima Shiraishi
- Ashima Shiraishi is an American athlete who was born on April 3 2001 in New York, NY and currently resides in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
- 18-year-old Shiraishi belongs to the Japanese – American nationality as her father migrated from Japan in 1978 and is the only child of her parents Tsuya and Hisatoshi Shiraishi.
- She started climbing at the age of six at Brooklyn Boulders in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
- At the age of 7, she started rock climbing competitively in 2008 and started coaching from an accomplished climber Obe Carrion and in 2012 she stoped coaching with him due to some tensions between her father and coach.
- Excelling in lead climbing in October 2012 at the age of 11 she climbed a grade5.14c sport route in Southern Smoke at the Red River Gorge and became the youngest person to climb this route.
- In July 2014 she became the second female climber to climb aV14 problem after Tomoko Ogawa.
- She has also been sponsored by many brands like Nikon, The North Face, Clif Bar, Petzl, Coca-Cola Japan and All Nippon Airways.
- She was the winner of the female sports category at the USA Climbing Sport & Speed Open National Championships which was held in Denver in 2017.
- Many people are influenced by her and she also has many followers on Instagram and Twitter.
- She also has a Wikipedia profile and her net worth is not disclosed yet.