Bobby Charlton is a former English football player. He used to play as a midfielder in the national and international matches. He retired in 1980 and coached the teams until 1983.
Charlton is one of the greatest players of all time. He was most associated with the team, Machester United. In addition, he along with his team won the 1966 FIFA World Cup and Ballon d’Or.
Currently, Bobby is not doing well. In November of 2020, he is diagnosed with dementia. It is a condition on which the person experiences loss of memory, language, problem-solving, and other thinking abilities.
|Birthday||11 October 1937|
|Age||83 years old|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Children||Daughters: Suzanne Charlton, Andrea Charlton|
I am humbled to see the launch of The Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation. I would like to thank the hard-working team, both in the UK and across the world, who have helped this come to fruition. https://t.co/Al29jPwfIq
— Sir Bobby Charlton (@SirBobby) October 11, 2019
10 Facts on Bobby Charlton
- Bobby Charlton is a renowned former football player and coach. He played most of the matches for Manchester United.
- The legendary player does have a Wikipedia. Similarly, his bio details are found on most of the online sites.
- Charlton’s hometown is Ashington, Northumberland. Also, he is an English citizen.
- Moving on, Bobby is 83 years of age. Factually speaking, he was born on 11 October 1937 and has a sun sign of Libra.
- The player is married to a gorgeous lady. Norma Ball is his loving wife. The couple fell in love in 1959 and tied the knot in 1961.
- Coming to children, Charlton has two kids. Suzanne and Andrea are his precious daughters. Also, he has a grandson named Robert.
- Cissie, Bobby’s mother is no longer alive. But his brother Jack is alive. Due to some feud, he has not talked with Jack since 1992.
- Charlton started his football career in 1953. He joined the England Schoolboys Football Association but gained fame only after the 1966 FIFA World Cup.
- Bobby lives a lavishing life and has a net worth of $25 million. As of November 2020, the legendary player is suffering from dementia.
- Considering social media, Charlton only has a Twitter account. He has amassed 216.5 K followers until now.