Dr. Vivek Murthy is a famous physician and a former surgeon general of the United States. Dr. Vivek Murthy’s parents are originally from Karnataka, India, and he is from England however, he and has established himself well in the United States of America. He is the 19th surgeon general of the country and the first to be elected as of Indian descent.
Quick Facts: Dr Vivek Murthy Ethnicity And Background: Facts On His Wife, Wiki, And Family
|Name||Dr Vivek Murthy|
|Parents||Maithreya Murthy, Lakshmi Narasimha Murthy|
Recently on November 9, 2020, Dr. Vivek Murthy is appointed as a co-chair to help in fighting the covid alongside David A Kessler former us food and drug administrator. He was appointed by the newly elected president of the United States Joe Biden.
10 Facts on Dr. Vivek Murthy:
- Dr. Vivek Murthy was born in Huddersfield, England, the United Kingdom on July 10, 1977.
- His age as of 2020 is exactly 43 years old and is one of the youngest surgeon generals in the United States of America.
- Talking about Dr. Vivek Murthy’s ethnicity And background, he belongs to an Indian Family who migrated from Karnataka to England and later to the United States and he belongs to an Asian ethnic group.
- He is married to his wife Alice Chen who is also a physician and they got married back in 2015 and have been together for almost 5 years.
- Dr. Vivek Murthy was appointed as Coronavirus Task Force lead under Biden alongside David A Kessler on November 9, 2020.
- Similarly speaking about his family and parents his father Maithreya Murthy was a District Medical Officer and his mother’s name is Lakshmi Narasimha Murthy.
- According to the wiki, Dr. Vivek was just 3 years old when he moved to the United States of America from the United Kingdom.
- He is available on his Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook where he has a number of followers.
- He completed his MD at Yale School of Medicine back in 2003 when he was 26 years old.
- He is a member of the Democratic Political Party and has written a book named Together.