Katherine Magbanua is an American-Filipino murder suspect. She was accused of plotting the death of Dan Markel. Moreover, she was arrested with other 4 people involved in the infamous case.
Dan Markel was shot by a gun at his home on July 18, 2014. Sadly, he passed away the next day.
Quick Facts: Katherine Magbanua Update: Where Is Dan Markel Murder Suspect Now In 2020?
|Age||34 year old|
10 Facts on Katherine Magbanua
- Katherine Magbanua is the suspect of the Dan Markel Murder case. Katherine is the age of 34 years old as of now. However, her birth date is not available.
- Filipino native, Katherine, was accused of conspiring the death of Dan Markel. Dan Markel was an American lawyer and professor at Florida State University. He was shot in his home on July 18, 2014.
- After a police investigation, it was alleged that Magbanua had hired 2 people for killing Dan. Moreover, her phone records were also suspicious.
- The two other suspects of the case were Luis Rivera and Sigfredo Garcia. Likewise, both of them were charged for a first-degree murder case.
- On further investigation, it was revealed that Katherine was also hired by Charles Adelson (Dan’s ex-wife’s brother) and Donna Adelson (Dan’s ex-wife’s mother).
- In 2016, Magbanua was put into jail for her crime. By Oct 2020, she has already spent 1400+ days in prison. However, the court is yet to reach into her final verdict.
- Katherine was supposed to go into a retrial in April 2020 to be released from jail. However, her trail was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In 2020, Magbanua is still waiting for the final verdict and next trail. Likewise, her next hearing is scheduled for December 3, 2020.
- Furthermore, Katherine and Sigfredo are not only crime partners, but also lovers. In fact, Magbanua has 2 children with Garcia.
- Magbanua apparently charged $100,000 dollars for conspiring the murder. However, all of her money and efforts are is dismay for now.