Irish professional bicycle racer Sam Bennett has gained the attention of the racing world with his Tour de France, stage 10 win. After finishing in the fourth, third, and second places during the Tour de France 2020 bunch sprints, Sam secured the much-awaited win on stage 10.
Quick Facts: Sam Bennett
|Birthday||October 16, 1990|
|Age||29 years old|
|Height||5 feet 10 inch|
It was his first major tournament win after the 2018 Giro ‘Italia win. As an amateur, Sam raced for Vélo-Club La Pomme Marseille from 2007 to 2010. Since turning professional in the year 2011, he has raced for three cycling teams so far.
At present, he is associated with Deceuninck–Quick-Step, which is a Belgium UCI WorldTeam cycling team.
10 Facts on Sam Bennett
- Sam Bennett is a professional Irish racer, or you can all cyclist. He competes in the UCI WorldTeam Deceuninck-Quick-Step.
- He began his professional career back in 2011. That year, he raced for An Post–Sean Kelly, a UCI continental pro cycling team from Ireland.
- He was born in Menen, Flanders, Belgium to father Michael Bennett and mother Helen Bennett.
- Though he was born in Belgium, he holds Irish nationality and his ethnicity is white.
- The pro-racer was born on October 16, 1990. This makes Sam Bennett’s age 29 years old now.
- Aged 29, Sam has an attractive physique. Blessed with a lanky height, Sam has a toned figure. Now, he stands 5 feet and 10 inches tall.
- Speaking of his weight, he weighs 152 lbs i.e. 69 kg. His other body measurements are not public though.
- You can find this professional bicycle racer on social media like Inta and Twitter. He is active on Instagram as @sammmyben. You can find him on Twitter as @Sammmy_Be.
- As a professional racer since 2011, Sam Bennett must have earned good net worth. As of 2020, his net worth and annual earnings are under review.
- This pro Irish racer is a married man. He got hitched to his longtime girlfriend Tara Fogarty in November of 2019.