Steven McAuliffe is a Senior United States District Judge who is also very famous as the widower of Christa McAuliffe. His wife Christa McAuliffe was an astronaut who died in Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. His wife was also a teacher along with being an astronaut.
Quick Facts: Steven McAuliffe
|Birthday||March 3, 1948|
|Wife||Kathleen E. Thomas (m. 1992), Christa McAuliffe (m. 1970 – 1986 died)|
|Children||Caroline Corrigan, Scott Corrigan|
|Education||Marian High School, Virginia Military Institute|
After his first wife Christa McAuliffe died unfortunately in 1986 he married Kathleen Thomas in 1992. HE has also served his country as an army. He started his professional career by working as an assistant attorney general in New Hampshire for the first time. He and his late wife Christa share two children together and they are Scott and Caroline.
View this post on Instagram
#OTD: On Jan. 28, 1986, space shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after liftoff, killing all seven crewmembers. In this photo taken about three weeks before the disaster, the crew takes a break during countdown training at @nasakennedy Space Center. From left are Christa McAuliffe, who was to be the first teacher in space, and astronauts Gregory Jarvis, Judith Resnik, Dick Scobee (mission commander), Ronald McNair, Mike Smith and Ellison Onizuka. NASA photo #nasa #challenger #challengerdisaster #spaceshuttle #astronaut #spacehistory #spaceexploration #nasawomen #christamcauliffe
He went to Virginia Military Institute and Georgetown University Law Center. Many details related to him about his career, personal life, etc are available on Wikipedia but some facts of him can also be gained from the facts below.
10 Facts on Steven McAuliffe:
- Steven McAuliffe is very much popular for being the husband of the late American teacher and astronaut, Christa McAuliffe.
- The couple shared two children together – Caroline Corrigan and Scott Corrigan.
- We can definitely find most of his information on Wikipedia, the very free online encyclopedia.
- There is no relevant site to provide his current net worth.
- Talking more about her family, he married Kathleen E. Thomas in the year 1992, and the couple has now lived together for more than 28 years.
- Steven is professionally called a Senior United States District Judge who has been currently working in the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire.
- His first wife, Christa died in the 1986 Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
- The couple had first met in Marian High School where they both attended.
- Later, Steven earned his BA degree from Virginia Military Institute. Also, he has a JD degree which he obtained from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Moving on to his age, he was born on March 3, 1948, and now he is 72 years old.