Tanzania’s vibrant music industry is putting East Africa and its culture on the global map. The country’s love for music has seen the entertainment genre accumulate the most significant number of creatives over the years. Some artists, like Nahreel, have built a profound reputation because of their remarkable talent and loyal fans.
Emmanuel Mkono, known by his stage name Nahreel, is one of the wealthiest record producers, rappers and entrepreneurs in East Africa. He is a co-founder and member of the music group, Navy Kenzo.
Nahreel profile summary
- Full name: Emmanuel Mkono
- Nickname: Nahreel
- Gender: Male
- Date of birth: December 12 1989
- Birth sign: Sagittarius.
- Place of birth: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Age: 32 as of 2021
- Nationality: Tanzanian
- Ethnicity: Africa
- Eye colour: Black
- Hair colour: Black
- Religion: Christianity
- Marital status: In a relationship
- Spouse: Aika
- Children: Gold, Jamaika.
- Education: Punjab College
- Profession: Record producer, rapper, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur
- Genre: Trip hop, dancehall, R&B, Afrobeat Hip Hop
- Years active: 2008 to present
- Record label: The Industry Studios
- Net worth: $1.5 Million
Emmanuel Mkono was born December 12 1989 and raised in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. His love for music started at 14 years old when his father bought him a piano and hired a trainer.
Unfortunately, there isn’t much information about his educational background except that he is a graduate of Punjab College in India. He has not offered any information about his primary and high school education, and tribe.
Emmanuel Mkono officially started his music career as an assistant music producer at Kama Kawa Studio in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. He worked for two years before leaving for India to further his studies at Punjab College.
In 2009, he released Riz One instrumental for Izzo Bizness under MJ Records. This made him one of the best-selling Tanzanian performing artists of the time. It also earned him nominations for significant awards where he met the son of the President of the Republic of Tanzania by then, Mr Rithiwan Kikwete.
While still in India, the demand for his instrumentals was getting high back home in Tanzania. Some of the most hip-hop artists of those times were interested in working with him. Therefore, after completing his studies in India, he came back to Tanzania in 2011.
He produced a couple of singles upon returning to his home country. However, he later linked up with a couple of his old friends and formed a music group named Pah One. Unfortunately, the group disintegrated in 2013.
After the split, Nahreel and Aika created the duo currently known as Navy Kenzo. The pair came to the limelight after the release of Chelewa. The two have been releasing banger after banger and performing nearly all over the world. Some of the top hits include:
- Tanzania – Roma (2008)
- Tanzania – Kala Jeremiah (2008)
- Niaje ni vipi – Joh ft Nikki II (2008)
- Mziki huu – Izzo Bizness (2008)
- Nakabaa koo – Izzo Bizness (2008)
- Kiujamaa – Nikki II (2011)
- RiziOne – Izzo Bizness (2011)
- Ghetto – Pah One (2012)
- Amatita – Pah One (2011)
- I Wanna Get Paid – Pah One (2012)
- Kuwa na Subira – Rama Dee (2012)
- Zawadi – Vinega (Anti-Virus) (2012)
- Kila kitu nyerere – Bonta (2011)
- Usinibwage – Aika and Nahreel (2013)
- Come Over – Vanessa Mdee (2013)
- Chelewa – Navy Kenzo (2013)
- Nje ya Box – Nikki II ft Joh Makini and Gnakko (2013)
- Gere – Weusi (2014)
- Namchukua – Shilole (2014)
- Naogopa – Gosby ft Ommy Dimpoz(2014)
- Kolo kolo – Mirror (2014)
- Sukido – Quick Racka ft Barnaba (2014)
- Malele – Shilole (2014)
- Hamjui – Vanessa Mdee (2014)
- Aiyola – Navy Kenzo (2014)
- Switch on Jingle – Airtel Tanzania (2014)
- Moyoni – Navy Kenzo (2014)
- I just wanna love you – Navy Kenzo (2014)
- Nobody but me – Vanessa Mdee ft KO (2015)
- Nusu – Joh Makini (2015)
- Nana – Diamond Platnumz ft Mr Flavour (2015)
- Zigo – Ay (2015)
- Mfalme – Mwana fa ft Gnakko (2015)
- Game – Navy Kenzo ft Vanessa Mdee (2015)
- Looking for you – Jux (2015)
- Laini – Gnakko ft Nikki wa Pili (2015)
- Zigo(Remix) Ay ft Diamond Platnumz
- Kamatia – Navy Kenzo
- Never ever -Vanessa Mdee
- Navy Kenzo – Fella ( 2018)
Nahreel’s wife and children
The singer is in a long-term relationship with Aiko. Nahreel and Aiko first met in India as they were undertaking their degree and fell in love. When they returned to Tanzania in 2011, the two started creating music through the Navy Kenzo label. The couple has been blessed with two children, Gold, and Jamaika.
Nahreel net worth
The singer’s net worth is estimated to be around $1.5 million. A majority of his proceeds come from his music production and live stage performances. Since the formation of the Navy Kenzo duo, Nahreel has remained one of the highest-selling and paid artists in Tanzania and East Africa.
Nahreel fast facts
- Who is Nahreel? He is an award-winning Tanzanian record producer, singer and songwriter.
- How old is Nahreel? He is 31 years old as of 2021. He was born on December 12, 1989.
- What makes Nahreel different from other artists? He is credited as a critical figure in popularising English rap in his country of origin, Tanzania.
- Is Nahreel married? No, he is not. However, he is in a long term relationship with Aiko.
- Who are Nahreel’s children? His children are Gold and Jamaika.
- How much is Nahreel’s net worth? He has an estimated net worth of $1.5 Million as of 2021.
- Why is Nahreel famous? He is renowned for being the co-founder of the Navy Kenzo music group together with Aiko.
Nahreel has redefined the real meaning of music in Tanzania, East Africa, and the world. He has recorded several pure hit songs, making him one of the best composers Tanzania has ever produced. He is a member of the highest-selling music group in Tanzania, Navy Kenzo.
celebraphy.com shared a post about Rich Mavoko family, education, hometown, and net worth. Rich is a famous Tanzania musician who was once signed under the WCB Wasafi record owned by Diamond Platnumz.
Before that, he was under the management of King Kaka’s label. After leaving the Wasafi, Mavoko started his own record label called Billionaire Kid. Some of the famous songs that propelled Mavoko to fame include Show Me featuring Harmonize, Kokoro, and Ibaki Story.